Our workshop programme is continuous throughout the year – string quartets, wind quintets and various other small ensembles. In July 2019, our senior string quartet are attending a course in Conegliano near Venice. This is sponsored by the Belacqua Trust. We are extremely grateful for this support.
We are always happy to look back at all our masterclasses and workshops. We’re very proud of our successful workshop days so far this year and grateful to SoundStorm Music Agency for their continued support.
Over the last couple of years we’ve run several very successful workshops and masterclasses with a wide range of age groups and abilities. Our last summer workshop included teachers from the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra and several local outstanding schools, including our very successful summer school in 2018.
In the summer of 2015 we started working with SoundStorm who have supported our workshops ever since. We are very grateful for their support, without which we would not have been able to run these events. We are also grateful to Wessex Young Musicians Trust for their workshop support.
Our main spring workshop days this year for Strings (8th April 2019), Brass (27th April 2019) and piano (23rd June 2019) include great opportunities for students to spend a whole day with some distinguished tutors. The strings have benefited from direction of Fiona Mclean-Beuchel who is head of Junior Strings at Trinity Laban London and other highly skilled specialists. We were thrilled to have collaborated with Kingston Music Service where Neil Thomas and colleagues have brought around 35 young brass players to join forces with our local students. It was an exciting day for all involved.
Some local young pianists benefitted from Béla Hartman’s superb masterclasses last year so we are priviliged to be hosting a whole day of piano activties for young pianists on 23rd June 2019, led by Béla. We hope that this will lead to more piano activities in Broadstone Music Series in the future!
You can read what people think about our past workshops and events by clicking here. Have you enjoyed our events? Do leave us some feedback by clicking here, we’d love to hear from you.
Past workshops include
- Flute and Piano Workshop with Holly Cook & Helen Nicholas
St John’s Church, Broadstone, 28th January 2017
- URC Broadstone String ensemble day with Roberto Fantinel from Venice, April 2018
- Double Reed Day Kinson Community Centre Sunday 5th February 2017
- Bela Hartman pre recital 4 piano Masterclasses for young pianists, March 2018.
- Halcyon String Quartet pre concert 4 string quartet masterclasses April 2018
- Annual, 3 day Young Musician Summer Schools 2015 – 2018 (July)
Poole Grammar School
- “Ensemble Solaire” from RCM woodwind quartet pre recital workshop 7th Oct 2018
- Jesper Svedberg cello ensemble workshop 3rd Nov 2018
- Fieri Consort Vocal Workshop – 26th May 2018
- URC Broadstone Woodwind day workshop with local professional woodwind players – October half term 2018